Applying for UK Care Work Visa Sponsorship Job
The UK Care Work Visa
Applying for UK Care Work Visa Sponsorship Job in health and care sector allows medical professionals to live in United Kingdom to do an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.
if you are searching for health jobs in UK then you can follow the step guide to apply. Always check if you are eligible to apply for this job.
Who are from EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
There are things you need to know before you can apply, in case you or your family member just started living in the United Kingdom by 32 December , 2020 you are eligible to apply for the free EU settlement scheme. The deadline to apply was 30 June 2022 for most people but has extended to 2023 which you can apply if either:
- you have a later deadline – for example, you’re joining a family member in the UK who was living in the UK by 31 December 2020
- you have ‘reasonable grounds’ for being unable to apply by 30 June 2021 or 2023- for example, you had an illness or were the victim of domestic abuse
Otherwise you need a visa to work in the UK.
Irish citizens do not need to apply for a visa or to the EU Settlement Scheme.
Eligibility Your job
To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:
- be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional or adult social care professional
- work in an eligible health or social care job
- work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
- have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
- be paid a minimum salary – how much depends on the type of work you do
We advice you to confirm the job offer before you can apply for you UK Health and care visa.
Knowledge of English
It is Compulsory to speak English, read, write and understand English in order to apply. You’ll usually need to provide your knowledge of English when you apply.
Am I Eligible for a Applying for UK Care Work Visa Sponsorship Job?
You could be eligible for another type of visa to work in the UK which you can find out if you are eligible here
How long can I stay in Canada
Your United Kingdom (UK) visa can last for 5 years before you can extend your visa. All you need to do is to apply to extend or update your health care work visa when it expires or you might change jobs or employer.
Can I stay Longer in the UK?
If you want to stay longer in UK then you need to apply to extend your visa as many times as you want as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.
Staying in the UK will last for 5 years after then, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the United Kingdom which can also called “indefinite leave to remain”. This enable you to live and work or study in the UK for as long as you like, and apply for benefits when you are eligible.
How Can I Apply For the UK Health Care Work Visa?
This application can be completed online.
How you apply depends on whether you are:
- outside the UK and are coming to the UK
- inside the UK and extending your current visa
- inside the UK and switching from a different visa
If you want to change your job or employer, you must apply to update your visa.
You can include your partner and children in your application to stay in the UK if they are eligible.
How long it takes
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship. See more UK student visa 2023: requirements, processing time & cost
As part of your application, you’ll need to prove your identity and provide your documents.
You may need to allow extra time if you need an appointment to do this. You’ll find out if you need one when you start your application.
Getting a decision
Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
You may be able to pay to get a faster decision. How you do this depends on whether you’re outside the UK or inside the UK.
How much it costs
You, your partner or children will each need to:
- pay the application fee
- prove you have enough personal savings
You – and your partner or children – will not have to pay the healthcare surcharge.
What you can and cannot do
- work in an eligible job
- take on additional work in certain circumstances
- do voluntary work
- bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependent’s’, if they’re eligible
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and meet the other eligibility requirements
- apply for most benefits (public funds), or the State Pension
- change jobs or employer unless you update your visa
If your application is successful, you’ll get a full list of what you can and cannot do with a Health and Care Worker visa.