International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit may apply for the UO Endowed Scholarships. Endowed Scholarships are from generous donors intended to support specific students. There is a single application for all endowed scholarships. Each application will be considered for every scholarship the applicant is eligible for. You can see a list of the established endowments on the sidebar. Endowed funds can vary greatly from year to year and are awarded annually. Students must reapply every year.
The following criteria are used to select the successful candidate:
- Demonstrated financial need
- Exceptional academic records
- Applicants must be admissible or fully admitted to the University of Oregon. New students must apply for admission to the UO for Fall 2023 by January 15, 2023. To apply for admission click here.
- Applicants cannot be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement.
These opportunities are sponsored by donors and are intended to support international students who wish to pursue their undergraduate or graduate degree study at the University of Oregon. The grant is valued at the total tuition fee payable and will be awarded t students on the basis of financial need and academic excellence.
The University of Oregon is a public research university in Eugene, Oregon. It was founded in 1876 and is well known for its strong ties to the sports apparel and marketing firm Nike, Inc, and its co-founder, the eccentric billionaire Phil Knight. The university is ranked 105th out of 443 National Universities. Find out more about university of Alberta scholarships in Canada
Why choose to study at the University of Oregon? The University of Oregon is devoted to educating the whole person and to fostering the next generation of transformational leaders and informed participants in the global community. It is committed to exceptional teaching, discovery, and service. We work at a human scale to generate big ideas.
- University or Organization: University of Oregon
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Bachelor or Masters
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA.
How to Apply For the UO Endowed Scholarships
- The students first need to apply for admission on the university portal. On the same portal, interested students must submit the ISSS Endowed Scholarships Application.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- High school transcripts
- Personal statement
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the admission requirements of the university, such as high school graduation or a relevant bachelor’s degree qualification.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL PBT – 500
- TOEFL IBT – 61
- IELTS – 5.0
- Satisfactory completion of level 112 in an English Language School
The successfully selected students can expect to be awarded a scholarship worth full tuition fee coverage of the program undertaken by them at the University of Oregon.