CIFAR invites exceptional early-career researchers from the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities to join the Government of Canada CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program, our interdisciplinary research program that addresses some of the most critical questions facing science and humanity.
CIFAR is supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec as well as international partner organizations, individuals, foundations, and corporations.
Government of Canada CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program 2023 Brief Description
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): CIFAR Azrieli, Canada
- Host Institution(s): MaRS Centre, West Tower, Canada
- Scholarship Worth: $100,000 over two years
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduates
- Nationality: All Nationalities
Government of Canada CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program includes three core components, each contributing toward the development of tomorrow’s research leaders:
- Participating in a CIFAR Research Program – An Interdisciplinary Network of Fellows
- Strengthening Leadership and Communication Skills
- Increasing Impact Within and Outside of Academia
Some examples of potential leadership opportunities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a research project in collaboration with other CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars or CIFAR Fellows
- Organizing a Winter/Summer School aligned with a CIFAR research program
- Leading or contributing to a knowledge mobilization activity with other CIFAR Fellows
- Discussing research with stakeholders in academia, policy, or business to understand different perspectives and influence change
- Writing and publishing an op-ed piece
- Delivering a public lecture
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program 2023 Application Procedures
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, applicants should follow these steps:
- To create an account, please use the Register If you have an existing account, please use the login button.
- Important Note: Please register or log in by providing your first name, last name, email address, and password. Do NOT register or log in with Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
- Once logged in, please select your purpose from the provided option(s) to proceed to the appropriate submission form.
Application Deadline: October 25