Nigeria Coconut Rice Preparation
Coconut rice is one of Nigeria’s delicacies. it can be eaten for breakfast, dinner and most importantly lunch. Coconut rice preparation is easy yet tasking. Nigerians have different recipes for making coconut rice, but no matter the recipe used, the flavor of the coconut milk should always be distinct in your dish. Coconut rice is very rich in protein, carbohydrates and vitamins. because of the variety of ingredients used in it preparation. It is very healthy dish for all member of the family.
Ingredients and Recipes for Coconut Rice Preparation :
- long grain parboiled rice
- chicken or beef stock
- small shrimps
- tatashe, pepper red oryellow peppers
- A handful of diced sausage
- seasoning cube (taste)
- Black pepper
- Salt (salt)
- Green peas (for colour)
- cups of fresh homemade coconut milk (you can use canned coconut milk as well
- tablespoons of dry ground crayfish
- Tablespoons of coconut, vegetable oil
- scent leaves/basil
- Fresh tomatoes (colour)
Coconut Rice Preparation Guild lines:
- Wash your rice thoroughly and then parboil it for some for 10 minutes with medium amount of water. After parboiling the rice, wash it with some cold water; set it aside.When we parboil rice, the aim is to reduce the starch content. The starch content will make the rice sticky. this is not good for coconut rice
- Cut the sausage into small
- Blend the peppers and cut the green beans into pieces
- Chop the onions.
- Precook the, beef, chicken and shrimp, peel them depending on how you like them. Season it
- Pour the seasoned chicken and coconut milk into a sizeable pot. Bear in mind that the rice will normally rise by at least one quarter of its quantity. So use a pot that will contain it.
- Once the sauce starts boiling, add the parboiled rice; cover the pot and cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes or until the rice is well cooked. Check your rice occasionally to. Cover the pot and start cooking on medium heat. Do not increase the heat. May make your coconut rice not to be well cook.
- ensure it does not burn and add extra stock or broth if needed)
- When the water dries to exactly the same level as the rice add the shrimps and continue cooking.
- When the water is almost dry, add the soft ingredients: onions, tomatoes, green beans and green peas and tatashe
Once the rice is done serve with any side dish and meat of your choice. Your coconut rice is ready.